Phone: 595-7220 x2518
Degrees and Certifications:
Doctorate in Learning Technologies MA - Educational Technology BA - Mathematics and Computer Science Credential: Single Subject - Mathematics - 2024 Supplementary Authorization in Computer Science & Applications - 2024 Certified as a Cisco Instructor Certified as a C-STEM Instructor
Dr. Terry Bese
Integrated Math 2
2019-2020 Room 518
Welcome to Integrated Math 2! This integrated program will expose you to various topics in mathematics such as functions, geometry, probability, algebra and trigonometry. You will learn how these topics are connected and how to describe relationships using mathematical language.
- Develop problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Learn how to collaborate in a team environment
- Develop critical thinking skills and learn how to verbalize your ideas
- Master the Integrated Math 2 material and be prepared for Integrated Math 3
- Textbook: CPM Core Connections Integrated 2
- Pencils: Each student should have more than one pencil sharpened and ready to use
- Paper: Either binder paper, graph paper or spiral bound notebook
- Be on time and prepared for class
- Be respectful of the teacher and other students
- Listen and follow directions
- Cell phones must be off and put away during class
- Keep your hands, feet and objects to yourself
- Exploring Algebraic and Geometric Relationships
- Justification and Similarity
- Factoring and More Trigonometry
- Quadratic Functions
- More Right Triangles/Exponents
- Polygons and Circles
- Modeling with Functions
- Circles and More
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
LATE WORK: I will input grades on a weekly basis (4 points for complete homework and 0 points for missing homework) but late work may be accepted and you can replace that 0 for full credit until the day of each unit test.
- Students who receive a test grade lower than a C will be given the opportunity to retake individual chapter tests one time.
- The retake must be completed before the next test.
- The score received on a retake is the final score for that test.
- Students who want to retake a test will be required to attend tutorials for at least two days, doing extra work (study guide) to prove mastery of the concepts, retesting on the third day.
TUTORIALS: Afterschool tutorials will be available to students Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:10 – 4:10. Tutorials will help students prepare for retake or make-up tests.
TESTING DUE TO AN ABSENCE: Students will be required to make arrangements with the teacher to take the test he or she has missed, and the test must be made up within one week.
EXTRA CREDIT: No extra credit will be given.
CELL PHONES: All cell phones must be put away during class. Cell phones that are out during class will be confiscated and taken to the office for his or her parent to pick up after school.
ASSESSMENTS: Group Exams 5%
Midterm/Final Exams 15%
Individual Exams 50%
ASSIGNMENTS: Group Work/Tasks 10%
Individual Work/Homework 10%
GRADING SCALE: A 90% and above
B 80% - 89%
C 70% - 79%
D 60% - 69%
F Below 60%
OFFICE HOURS Room 518
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 3:15-3:45 pm