Phone: (559) 595-7220 Ext 2508
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. - Fresno State Social Science Credential Expires 2020
2017 - 2018
Department Tutorial: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Students will study the major turning points that shaped the modern world, from the late nth century through the present, including the cause and course of the two world wars. Students will also trace the rise of democratic ideas and develop an understanding of the historical roots of current world issues, especially as they pertain to international relations. Successful completion of this 10 unit course is required to graduate from Dinuba High School.
TEXT: Modern World History: Patterns of Interaction
1. Unit Tests: Each test will consist of 30-50 multiple choice questions. There will also be a Mid-Term & Final with 100 multiple choice questions. (50% of grade)
2. classroom Assignments: Assignments will be completed throughout a unit. Work no completed in class would become homework. (25% of grade)
3. Quizzes: Quizzes will be based on classroom lessons. (25% of grade)
GRADING SCALE: The following percentages (of the total points possible) will determine your final grade.
90% - 100% A
80% - 89% B
70% - 79% C
60% - 69% D
0% - 59% F
ASSIGNMENT POLICY: Assignments can be turned in for full credit anytime during a unit. After the unit is over, assignments will be accepted for half credit only. Unit tests can be made up for full credit after school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays only until the end of the next unit.
Extra Credit: Extra Credit will be available throughout the year with Kahoot & other classroom activities. If a student is absent they forfeit the opportunity for extra credit credit that day. Extra Credit will be no more than 5% of a student's grade.
1. Restroom Breaks: Ask teacher first, must take pass, & leave cell phone
2. Be in your seat when the bell rings
3. No Food, Water only, Gum OK
4. Come to class prepared and ready to work: bring binder, agenda, paper, pen, or pencil everyday
5. Show respect at all times which includes: not interfering with class/teacher, not sleeping in class, not quitting work early, not defacing desks/school property and not using inappropriate language
6. All school rules found in agenda apply in the classroom: this includes electronic devices, cheating, etc.
1. The Assertive Discipline Program will be strictly enforced in this classroom
2. The School Dress Code Policy will be strictly enforced in this classroom
3. The Negative Attendance Policy will be strictly enforced in this classroom
4. All work turned in must have a full name and be on the top front side of the paper. Points will be deducted for failing to comply.
5. No named papers are THROWN AWAY
6. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to find out what work you are missing once you return from an absence. Check online calendar, check shelves, ask students, ask teacher
7. Students made retake tests for a passing grade on Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays after school. A review assignment will be required before retaking a test
UNITS OF STUDY/Movies:
1. Principles of Western Political Thought
3. Industrial Revolution
4. New Imperialism (Gandhi PG)
5. Causes & course of World War I (The Promise PG-13)
6. Effects of World War I (All Quiet On The Western Front NR).
7. Totalitarian Governments (Swing Kids PG-13)
8. World War II (Schindler's List R*)
9. Cold War
* Permission Letter will be sent at a latter date
Google Classroom Passwords:
Period 1: rjgogof
Period 2: duakp6
Period 3: px5p5t0
Period 4: 8wvo1t
Period 5: 46hmxd