Phone: Phone number: 559-595-7200
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. English M.A. Education Credential: Single Subject English- 2020
Welcome to a new school year! It is my desire that each of you succeeds in this challenging course of study. This class is designed to build reading, writing, and critical thinking skills. Students will read works from a variety of genres, including short stories, poetry, news articles, biographies, informational text, novels, and plays. Although much will be expected, I hope the class experience will be enjoyable.
- Students will master the state standards for English/Language Arts.
- Students will read and examine works from a variety of genres.
- Students will develop strong academic writing skills.
- Students will take responsibility for their own learning and for improving their reading and writing.
- Students will think critically, examining both life issues and literature by asking questions and seeking answers.
Essential Class Materials
· DHS agenda
· Holt Literature & Language Arts (third course)
· Holt Handbook (third course)
· Holt Interactive Reader (third course)
· California Collections
· California Collections Workbook
- BE RESPECTFUL (people and property)
- BE PREPARED FOR CLASS
- USE APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE ONLY
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IN CLASS (bottled water only)
- LISTEN WHEN TEACHER IS TALKING