Click these links to install the following extensions in your Chrome account.
- TabScissors - take 2 tabs that you want to see at the same time, and instantly give each of them 50% of the screen
- TabGlue - put them back together in one window
- Grammarly - like a spell-check, but for grammar
- Read/Write for Google - hear text in Google Docs read aloud, among other features
- Screencastify - make a video and audio recording of your screen, including your voice
- Yellow Highlighter Pen for Web (marker.to) - Annotate and highlight text online
- EasyBib - when researching, easily keep track of sources or a bibliography
- DF YouTube (Distraction Free) - one of several extensions that hides the extra ads and content on YouTube, so you can focus on the video you're trying to learn from. Turn Out the Lights is another one.
- Mercury Reader - cuts away the clutter from web pages
- TLDR - summarizes web pages (stands for "Too Long Didn't Read")
- Open Dyslexic - changes the format of text on a website so that it’s easier to read for people with dyslexia
- Awesome Screenshot - take screenshots of the screen, part of the screen, or the entire browser page (Shift-Ctrl-Switcher is good for most things though)
- Google Docs offline - Install this to edit your Google Drive files offline. There's one more step, once you've installed it.